Saturday, February 11, 2012

Apt punishment and sleep...

I just want to warn you right now, this post is going to be extremely random. So much so, that I think I am going to categorize it as " Thoughts on a Saturday". 

***I saw this posted on someones Facebook wall last night and I was shocked. Watch it and let me know what you think:


I am appalled by the letter and the amount of disrespect that was portrayed in that letter. That is just disgraceful. I applaud him for this video, although I think shooting the laptop was a bit much. 

***I am so proud of my sister for getting into LSU and UCF. I felt so bad when she called me though. She called me crying because she did not get into UF and she had her heart set on going here. After calming her down, I told her to be optimistic and get excited. 

***This whole Google Friend Connect shut down has me freaked out. It finally dawned on me that I should look more into it and see how it would affect me. Then a couple of questions popped into my head but the one that bothers me the most is...

If I follow someone's blog using Google Friend Connect, will I lose the feed on my Google Reader?

In all of my worry, I created a Bloglovin account to keep up with the blogs. If I am going to lose blog feeds on Google Reader, then I will fully use Bloglovin.

***The other day, I tried the Short Story Challenge hosted by Ashley at Adventures of a Newlywed. You can see my entry here. I enjoyed doing it and have decided to work more on writing. A year ago, I discovered The One Minute Writer and loved the idea of it. The thing is, I was too scared to try it.

I am no longer going to be let fear stop me from doing things that I want to do. So, I am going to make something called " The One Minute Writer Challenge". I will try to respond to the prompts once a week.

How does "The One Minute Writer" work? Well, they post a daily writing prompt, and you have one minute to create a response. Cool, right? It's a great writing exercise.

Today's prompt is:

Sleep: Write about a memorable location where you've slept (besides your own home)


Here I go...

The trees were swaying. My boyfriend and I were tossing and turning. It was freezing and there wasn't enough blanket for both of us. We weren't prepared for this camping trip which is understandable since we both had never been camping before. We didn't get much sleep that night. 


What did you think? I'm obviously rusty!



Want to try? Check out the website! It won't disappoint! I guess I am done with the random thoughts for now. Hope your Saturday is going well!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)