Friday, January 20, 2012

So far, So good...

Guess what I did today... 

I stayed true to my New Years Resolution of reading at least one book per month. 

If you recall, I was not finished with The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice when the new year started. So, I made it my personal goal to finish this book and move on to the next book in The Vampire Chronicles series.

 I am proud to say that I finished the book (and loved it) in the first few days of January and moved on to The Queen of the  Damned (also by Anne Rice). I was so engrossed by them that I was able to finish The Queen of the Damned today. 

I was so surprised at how different the three books are. Especially when I started reading The Queen of the Damned. My view of the different characters continually changed as I progressed through the books and I found myself sympathizing with certain characters. 

I don't want to go into detail. I just want to let you know that this series is pretty good so far and I definitely recommend these books. 

SOOOOOO...

For the month of January I completed my goal and for the year 2012, I have read the following:

The Vampire Lestat 
The Queen of the Damned

I am going to start the next book in The Vampire Chronicles

The Tale of the Body Thief

Hopefully it's as good as the first few books in the series.

Have you read any of the books in the series? What did you think of them?


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome girl! I need to start reading more! Maybe I will start with some of Anne rice's books!
    Happy Friday!
    Manda
    www.forloveofacupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, it's one of my goals to read at least a book a month and i finished mine just last night. can't wait to move on to my next book in just a few short weeks :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)