Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Serious stuff on my lazy day off

It's my day off and it feels... 

GREAT

Seriously, waking up this morning with the knowledge that all I had to do today was NOT go to work was so relieving. No worries. Nothing. I got to lay in bed for a few minutes and check Facebook through my phone. That is when I started to notice a trend. 

Posts stating "Tell Congress: Don't censor the web" posts with links to here kept appearing. That is when I remembered that many sites were choosing today as their "blackout" day. I was curious and decided to go to my regular sites to see what they would look like. 

So, I first went to Wikipedia.

This is what I came across:


If you cannot read it, it says:

"Imagine a world without free knowledge

For over a decade, we have spent millions of hours building the largest encyclopedia in human history. Right now, the U.S. Congress is considering legislation that could fatally damage the free and open Internet. For 24 hours, to raise awareness, we are blacking out Wikipedia."

Interesting, huh?

I then went to xkcd.com. Yes, I am a math nerd and tend to laugh at their comics. But, seriously, this is what I came across...


It says

"SOPA

 Don't censor the web "

I then went to google.com and found this:


Yup, They blacked out the "Google". 

All these sites are making a statement on something important. If you are not informed about SOPA and PIPA, I suggest you start doing your research. It'll affect you, too!

Once you have researched, you should go to this website and sign the petition. 

Anyways, I'll stop talking about serious stuff and go back to MY LAZY DAY...

I will just leave you with the following photo:


I thought it was appropriate and YES I did put it on my tumblr earlier today!

I may or may not post later on today!







1 comment:

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)