Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happiness Continued: December 26- January 8

So...I kept pushing off this post. I have been extremely lazy and have constantly said:

"I'll type it up tomorrow".

Maybe it's because Colon is here. Maybe it's not. But it's about time I post this. Here's two weeks worth of "happiness"...
------
 Monday December 26
Saying "See you in 2 days" to Colon

Let me give you background. Christmas was yesterday and I drove back to Gainesville today. It sucked, but I am going to look on the bright side. I will be driving back down on the 29th. So, I didn't have to say "Goodbye". I got to say "See you in two days". 

Tuesday December 27
Kirsten's gift

Yup. If you haven't seen it, you can see it here. LOVED IT!

Wednesday December 28
Candles on sale at Wal Mart 

i don't know about you, but I have a candle obsession. I will buy expensive candles at full price. I just like candles. That is why I was excited when a coworker told me that there were Christmas candles on sale at Wal Mart. I made sure to go after work and started rummaging through the candle aisle. She was right. I got 5 decent sized (and I mean, large Yankee candle sized) candles for $10. They were literally $1.50 each. AMAZING!!!!

Thursday December 29
Revenge (person getting a ticket)

So, today's entry is quite...mean. It centers around road rage. Yes, I am a little bit ashamed, but I am quite proud at the same time. Let me set the stage...

After work, I headed down to Miami. Once I was an hour out of Gainesville, traffic was practically nonexistent and I was able to set the cruise control to 75. (I know. It's slow. BUT, I was not in a rush. It was late and I wanted to take my time. Plus, I saw plenty of cops sitting at the side of the interstate.)

So, I went an hour and a half with my cruise control set in the RIGHT (slow) lane, when this car comes up quickly behind me. He passes me up and gets back in the right lane. All was good until he slowed down. Remember, I was on CRUISE CONTROL. My speed was not changing. So, I know he slowed down by the fact that I was creeping up on his car. So, I pass him up WHILE ON CRUISE CONTROL making sure that I had a decent distance between us and I get back in the right lane.

This happened 3 or 4 times. I was getting frustrated. I am stubborn in the fact that I was not going to get out of cruise control. I know that. But, I was not going to speed up with crazy amounts of police on the side of the road.

I know the other driver was getting annoyed also. How do I know? Every time he would pass me up his speed would gradually increase. Finally, the last time he tried to pass me up, he sped up right next to a police officer and her got stopped.

HAHAHAhaHAHAH... Revenge.

Again, I know it's mean.

Oh well.

Friday December 30

Saturday December 31
Visiting my uncle/ Playing with my cousin

This was so much fun and it truly made my day. I started off the New Year on the right foot! Read about it here.

Sunday January 1
New Year's day

I am so thankful to live to see another year.
It's a new year.
Now I have to make my resolutions.
You will be seeing posts about it soon.


Monday January 2
Gator win

Yes. We played Ohio State and we won! This season wasn't so great for the Gators, but I am still a Gator at heart.

When I found it that we were playing Ohio State in a bowl game, I immediately thought about the last time our teams met up. It was in January 2007 for the championship game. Everyone thought that Ohio State would win. But, it was a Gator win. I remember how crazy Gainesville was after the game.

Now, four years later, we were meeting up. This game wasn't as significant as our last meet up, but I still wanted to win. Plus, Urban Meyer was/is rumored to coach at OSU. WHAT?!??!?!?!

Needless to say, WE WON and it felt GOOD!

Tuesday January 3
Getting off of work to see Colon

It's the best feeling. For the past 6 months, I would get off of work and go home to an empty apartment. Now, I come home and I see Colon's face. It is so reassuring and

Wednesday January 4
Everything working out for Colon

When I got home from work on Monday, Colon seemed distracted. I could tell something was wrong. It turns out that UF shuffled around paperwork and he was not registered as a TA. Colon was so upset. If they did not resolve this issue, he would have to leave UF and go into the work force. After a day or two of worrying, it was resolved.

Thank God. (He's amazing. Isn't He?)

Thursday January 5
FINALLY finding an ottoman

This sounds insignificant. But it's not. Before Colon left on his internship, we (more like HE...But I will say "we") were searching for an ottoman. Before we bought one, I wanted to search around because I had seen a couple of nice ottomans at Ross and Home Goods. But, every time I went to these places, they did not have one in the right color and size. So, we ended up not buying an ottoman.

Fast forward to the present. We were in Wal Mart looking for hangers and other things we needed, when we came upon an ottoman. I wasn't very impressed with it, but Colon wanted it. He just needed storage to hide some of his electronics. SO, I compromised with him. I told him that we should go to Ross and see what they have. If we did not find an ottoman there, we could buy the Wal Mart ottoman.

THANK GOD. Ross had an ottoman. It was a little bit smaller than the Wal Mart one but it was of better quality and was a reasonable price.

YAY!!!! Another example of compromise at it's best!

Friday January 6
Foursquare

Yes. I am addicted. I reach for my phone to check-in EVERY TIME I enter a restaurant or store. If you don't have Foursquare, I suggest you look into getting it. It's fun. I promise!

Saturday January 7
Going out with Kirsten

Yup. We went to Rockys Dueling Piano Bar and we had an amazing time. I just want to say "Thank you" to my lovely boyfriend for watching over us and making sure we got home safely (i.e. for being DD).

Sunday January 8
 Colon bringing me a Dr. Pepper

 (I mentioned it here.)

Isn't he sweet?


------

Again, I am sorry this post was late AND I apologize for the randomness of the post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)