Saturday, January 14, 2012

Book a month...NY resolution

I mentioned my New Years resolutions in this post. One of my resolutions was to 

"Read at least one book per month". 

I have always enjoyed reading and could devour a book in less than a day. But lately, I have struggled to find time to read. But, now with this resolution, I HAVE to read a book a month. It is now a challenge that I have to conquer. Anyways, I have so many unread books on my Kindle and I decided that I would finish all the books on there before I buy anymore books. 

The first thing I did was make a list of all of the books and put them in the order in which I would read them. This will help me to create a schedule for myself. 

So...

Two months ago, I mentioned that I started reading Twilight. I enjoyed it for various reasons, but was still of the opinion that I could find "better" vampire books. So, to redeem myself, I started reading "real" vampire novels. I started off with Dracula by Bram Stoker. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and was now hooked to the vampire theme. I did my research and decided to start reading The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. I started with Interview with A Vampire and then moved on to read The Vampire Lestat. I was 90% done with the book  on New Years day. So, I decided that I would have to finish it along with another book.

Guess what I did? 

I finished The Vampire Lestat on Monday and have started The Queen of the Damned. These books are engrossing and once you finish one book, you can't help but start the next one. Hopefully I can finish The Queen of the Damned  this month. I will keep you updated on my progress. 

So, I have enough books on my list to continue my resolution for the next three years, but I would like to incorporate another 43 Things goal into this resolution. What is that goal? Well, I would like to read the classics. But, in order to do this, I would have to set parameters. I decided that I would ask you guys for books to add to my "classics" list and I will go from there.

SO, Can you think of any books that should be on my list? I really need suggestions. You can post them here, email me, Tweet me, Facebook message me, etc. Please help me out!

Hopefully I can create a great (long) list.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)