Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back and forth...Gainesville to Miami

I don't know if it is the hustle and bustle of the holidays or if I am just lazy, but I have not been in the mood to blog. It's not that I don't have anything to say. I am constantly writing down post ideas in my journal, but I have not been able to motivate myself to update. I haven't even posted my 365 Days post for last week. I have everything written down in my 365 Days journal, but have not found the energy to transfer it into a post. I have been a bad blogger.

It's not that I haven't had the time. I have had plenty of lazy moments throughout the break.  I think it is because of my boyfriend. He's back and I don't want to type up posts while I could be spending quality time with him.

Anyways. Enough excuses. I am coming back from my blogging hiatus. 

So, Christmas day was amazing (You can read about it here). But, by the end of the day, I was starting to get sad. Christmas was almost over and I had to leave Miami and drive back to Gainesville the next day. I was hoping Colon would come with me but I knew he couldn't. He had not seen his mother in a couple of months and I know she wanted him to stay. Plus, I was driving back down in 3 days and would have him to myself for a few months after that  So, I would see him soon enough.


I took that miserable drive back up to Gainesville. (It really isn't that long but I am noticing that the drive down to Miami always seems shorter than the drive up from Miami. It's probably because Miami usually means vacation, and I am excited to drive down. But Gainesville means work/school/studying and I am not so excited to return to that.)


From Google maps
 When I finally arrived in Gainesville it was depressing. I was, once again, walking into an empty apartment.


ALONE


I unpacked, cleaned up a little, and passed out. I was exhausted. 


The next day I went to work and every time someone came in I had the "What are you still doing in Gainesville" mentality. Don't worry. I hid it well, but I was still surprised at the amount of people that came into the office. For those of you that are not familiar with Gainesville, I will explain my surprise. Gainesville is a college town. Everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) revolves around the University of Florida). Stores, restaurants, and just about every business in town will reduce their hours during the holidays when students are known to leave the city. 


So, Tuesday went by... 


Wednesday went by...


Finally, Thursday came. I woke up early and packed everything into my car. I worked 9-6 and planned to leave right after work. I was expecting work to drag on. But, it didn't. People came in to tour and kept me busy. Finally the office died down around 4 which allowed me to finish up last minute things that needed to be done. Guess what happens at 5:45 (15 minutes before we close). 


2 tours came in.
2 groups of people came in to sign. 


GREAT... Things like that always seem to happen. 


I didn't get out of the office until 6:20.  Not too bad, but still. I wanted to make it to Miami ASAP. 



So, I jump into the car, get gas, and was on my way. At first, the highway was clear. Than, all of a sudden I notice that I have not seen a single car approaching on I-75 North and everyone is starting to break on I75 South. I was so annoyed. Here I was, trying to make it to Miami at a decent hour and I was stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. 


It turns out that people were slowing down to view the accident on I75 North. I hate it when people do that. Especially when it affects me. Once I exited onto the Turnpike, it was smooth sailing and I was in Miami in no time. It was amazing to see Colon again.


The kisses and the hugs...


Just amazing!


I just realized how long and random this post was. I'll just end it here and continue with the update some other time. I promise not to be MIA for too long! 


AND I promise that the rest of my trip wasn't as boring...


XO 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)