Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happiness Continued: November 28- December 4



I wish it looked like this in Florida. I wish we had snow. Oh well... I have to accept the fact that this will never happen. I have other things that will make me happy. 


This week was quite uneventful and the things that you will see in this week's list of happiness are random (as always!). So, here I go...


Monday November 28
My new clock




I went to a thrift store today and found this clock. It was completely white and was $1.50.
So, once I made sure that the clock worked, I decided to buy it. It honestly was not anything special. But I had plans for it.

The first thing I did was make a trip to Michaels. As always, I got distracted in the store. I ended up looking at everything and picking up things I "need". I also picked up two cans of spray paint and some scrapbook paper. 

When I got home, I took the clock apart and spray painted the frame with the gold paint. While I was waiting for it to dry, I cut the scrapbook paper in a circular pattern and stuck it on the original cardboard backing of the clock. [The scrapbook paper was cool because it was a huge sticker. I didn't need glue or any adhesive.] I then took out some stencils and drew on the Roman numerals. 

Once the gold paint dried, I spray painted the frame with dark brown paint. I let it set, scraped some of the brown paint off and put the clock back together. It came out cute. I think I could have picked a different pattern for the backdrop but I like it and I had fun making it.  

Tuesday November 29
Marcel the shell



Guess what I use as a bean bag chair... a raisin



I'm afraid to drink soda because I'm afraid the bubbles will make me float up to the ceiling


Isn't Marcel adorable? I saw these videos a year ago and loved them but I forgot about them. The other day, a friend posted it on Facebook and I re-watched them. I fell in love all over again. His voice is so cute and the things he says make me laugh!

Wednesday November 30
GP Christmas Tree


Blurry picture.
I know.
 It was the only picture  could get before someone came into the office.
 I was going to take a picture later on in the week, but the tree FELL! 

Last year was my first Christmas with the company and I clearly remember how much fun it was to decorate the Christmas tree. It was gorgeous. That is why I was excited to decorate the tree this year. 

I wasn't able to be part of the tree decorating since the office was crazy with traffic but I enjoyed watching the tree slowly come together. 

It is so pretty! I love it. 
Thursday December 1
Finishing the December schedule at work


For the past couple of months, I have had the pleasure of constructing the schedule for work. It may sound like a chore but I actually enjoy putting the schedule together! It is like a puzzle and if you know me, then you know that I LOVE puzzles. 


This month was a challenge because of the holidays. Nobody wants to stay and work during the holidays but we still have to keep the office open. That is what made this month's schedule difficult to put together. Remember, all of the workers are students and are on a students schedule. Thus, most of them want to go home after the end of final exams. 


I tried to be fair and I was able to finish the schedule today. THANK GOD! It actually came out great!
  
Friday December 2
Nice residents at work


I often complain about residents at work. They can be rude and tend to overlook the amount of work that we do for them. Today was different. I had 3 residents come in and at first all I could think was "OH GREAT". Upon seeing the stress on my face, they proceeded to speak with me and ask me how I was. This threw me off. Residents never do that. they then started to talk to me about other things. They were really nice and it really made my day. 


I just want to thank these residence for their kindness today! It really made my day!


Saturday December 3
3 weeks until I see my love



In exactly 3 weeks, that picture will be a reality everyday! I am so excited!


Sunday December 4
3 weeks until CHRISTMAS!


From Google

Can you believe it? I am sooooooooo excited! I cannot wait until Christmas!


Like I said, this week was quite uneventful but it was still great! Today (Sunday) was great and I'll be recapping it in later posts!


Hope your week was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)