Saturday, December 3, 2011

The death of a shoe..

I have never really stayed up to date with fashion. I tend to be quite simple when it comes to clothing, shoes, and accessories. If it fits and is comfortable, then I will wear it.  I think it stems from a lack of funds to support a fashion obsession. So, when you look at my closet, it is quite dull and "empty" compared to other girls. (My boyfriend probably read that and laughed.)


If I had the money, I would probably spend it on shoes. Forget the clothes and accessories. I can make those. But I LOVE shoes. My shoe collection is quite sparse. I have so many pairs of sandals and sneakers but am lacking in shoes. I honestly have 2 or 3 pairs of heels for "serious" days at work. I have a few "night on the town" heels but I need more. 


This is why I slightly died inside one night in California. I described that night in this post. [I also want to say how embarrassed I am that I misspelled SAN FRANCISCO in all of my California trip posts. I will elaborate in a later post]. What night am I talking about? Saturday night. The night that Colon took me to Dive bar in Sacramento. I was excited and wanted to look cute that night. So, I wore a cute (and comfortable...It was COLD) black dress with one of my favorite pair of heels. They are extremely comfortable and I have had them since my sophomore year of my undergraduate studies. That makes them 4 or 5 years old. They were my go-to pair of black heels. Remember, since I am not rolling in dough, I buy one pair of a certain kind of pump and stick with that one until they die. 


Super comfortable. You can actually see the smudges which give away the age of the shoe. 
So, there I am in Sacramento wearing my favorite (and only) pair of black pumps. We parked a couple blocks away from the bar, so we had to walk a little bit. Colon and I were walking, laughing, and having a good time. THEN, something happened. My heel got stuck in the grating on the sidewalk. It was STUCK. I could not get it out. I had to take my foot out of the shoe and Colon had to ease the heel out. 


That's when I saw it. The heel was scraped. 




It was horrible. I put up a strong front but I was hurting inside. Colon knew that I was upset. How do I know? He looked at the scrape and said " I'm sorry baby. I'll buy you a new pair of shoe". I was shocked. All I could say was " That's OK baby. They were old anyways" but I was thinking "I love this man. He's a keeper". 


Anyways, the only good thing about this event is that this event has given me a reason to buy a new pair of pumps. I haven't started looking yet and would love ideas. Do you have any? Where is the best place to look for someone lacking in funds?


Assistance is much appreciated!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)