Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011

I woke up late on Christmas morning. We went to bed at 2 am (because of Midnight mass, Christmas dinner, and presents) the night before and we were exhausted. So, I woke up to a phone call.

Remember how I mentioned that I called my uncle on my way to Miami? Well, I had to leave a message and he decided to call me back Christmas morning.
Thank God that he did. We scheduled brunch (which later became late lunch) and I jumped up to get ready. I was so excited. I had not seen my uncle in a year and I was so nervous. I put on a cute dress (it was like high 70's low 80's in Miami...ridiculous) and I made myself cute. I was then on my way.

You may be wondering why Colon didn't come with me. It's because he's weird. I kid. I kid. He was nervous. He had never met my Uncle Jose and didn't know what to expect. He was nervous because all of his experiences with my family have been...
 Dramatic with a capital "D". 
I understood (although it hurt me) and I left it alone.
So, he didn't come.

I drove to my uncle's house and I was surprised. By what? By how big my cousin was. The last time I saw my cousin was 2 or three years ago. She was so little. She has grown so much and is so beautiful. The first thing she said to me was "I remember you". Tooo cute!
Anyways, I arrived just in time to watch her open her gifts. Once that was done, my uncle showed me around his house. His house is impressive! When he bought it, it was small. He then built out and up. He added rooms and a second floor. And when I say "he" I really do mean that he did it. He has his own company and everything.

Anyways... After the house tour, we headed to Miami beach for lunch at Smith and Wollensky. AMAZING RESTAURANT!!!! Just amazing! The food was delicious. The view was beautiful. The company was excellent and the conversation was overwhelmingly comforting.

We caught each other up on our lives and then we talked about all of the family drama.
I also got to meet my uncle's new girlfriend. Super sweet, but I am always afraid to "get close" to his girlfriends. They are always nice, but every time I see my uncle there is another girlfriend. That's not bad, but it's a little bit awkward when it comes to having a relationship with them.

But back to the conversation. Talking to him and seeing him with my cousin made me miss my dad. I hadn't spoken to him for some time and I missed him. I used to be extremely close to him and seeing my cousin with my uncle "rubbed" it in. So, I was determined to call my father later on that day.

Near the end of lunch, I brought out my camera and let my cousin snap pictures. This is what I found later that day:




























Cute, huh?



After lunch, I headed back to Colon's house. I was able to speak to all of my sisters and my brother. I spoke to my mom and my Uncle Luis. I even spoke to my step mom and my DAD. I missed him so much and hearing his voice was amazing.

We then went to the movie theatre and watched a movie. I don't remember the name of the movie but it was a great movie!

And thus ends my Christmas. Such a great day with people that I love.
How was your Christmas?

I hope it was as amazing and family-filled as mine was.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)