Monday, November 21, 2011

I want papitas...

When we got back from San Fransisco on Sunday (Nov 13), we were exhausted and were ready to go to bed. I knew that the rest of my trip was going to be low key because Colon had work. The cool thing about the week is that we were able to eat at many different places. I thought it would be fun to highlight the happenings of the week. You will notice that most of the "happenings" are food related. Thus, when you see me, I will probably have gained 10-20 pounds.

Monday, November 14

Monday was quite uneventful. We were both exhausted from our adventure during the weekend and Colon had to work. So, we took it easy. I ended up going to work with him for half the day and it was awesome to see him at work (He looks so cute when he concentrates!).

When it came time to decide on lunch, we had our usual conversation. It went like this:

Colon: " What do you want to eat?"
Me: "I don't know. What do you want to eat?"
Colon: "I don't care. You're the one visiting, so you get to pick"
Me: "But, I don't know what restaurants there are in Folsom. So, you have to pick"

And so the conversation went.

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

Anyways, Colon eventually mentioned Chipotle and my decision was made. The last time I had Chipotle was when Colon was still in Gainesville. I ordered the Carnitas bowl and was in heaven. I had great food and was sitting across from my love. How could the day be better?

Oh wait... it did get better... for both of us!

Colon went back to work, but when he got off he picked me up. He had to go to a soccer game and wanted me to watch. So, I got to attend one of Colon's soccer games. Watching him play was great. It made me so happy to be there and reminded me of the times that I attended his Gainesville soccer games.   On our way back home, we happened to pass by Best Buy. All I remember is Colon jokingly saying "Want to stop at Best Buy and get me that game". I said "sure" and we stopped. We looked around and then picked up the game. I knew that he really wanted it because he would constantly bring it up and a "but I don't need it, really" would follow.

His new game and his cool blue controller! 

I was surprised because he started to cook dinner when he got home. Can you believe it? He DIDN'T turn on the PS3 and start to play his new game. Instead, he started the rice, took out the meat, and started seasoning. I don't know about you, but I was impressed. AND dinner was amazingly tasty! Although it was an extremely lazy day, it was amazing.

***By the way, before Colon started interning in California, he would make fun of me for liking Chipotle. So, I would like to take this opportunity to say "HA! I was right!" 

Tuesday, November 15


Tuesday was quite a low key day. Colon went to work for the full day. I woke up late (as usual) and started to tidy up the apartment. I then sat down and started studying. Once that was done, I was able to be lazy and it felt good. During my lazy time, there was a knock on the door and someone yelled out "delivery". I got excited.

Was Colon sending me flowers? (:::hint hint baby:::)

Nope. This is what the man handed me.

what could it be?
It's too small to be flowers.


Do you know what it was? Can you guess? Well, it was another game. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom. Once I saw it, I remembered that Colon had warned me to expect this to come. I knew he was going to be excited to come home to the game me!


Anyways, the day was lazy and it felt good. The only thing missing was my love and by the time he came home, I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms.So, I was happy when he got home, but he had an agenda. He was keen on setting up the phone plans that we had been talking about. If you haven't heard, Colon and I had been talking about getting a mobile "family" plan. So, we went to the Sprint store to set up Colon's phone. He was like a little kid and could not stop smiling.

When we got home, Colon did not show restraint. He played with his phone and showed it off to his roommate. He also could not help showing off his game to his roommate.

To sum up the day, Colon has two new games and a cool new phone. Oh, and I got sushi!

I WIN!

Wednesday, November 16

We woke up late(r) on Wednesday because Colon was working form home (LUCKY). He got up first and got down to business. Whatever he was working on must have been hard since he was focused. He did not break his concentration until lunch time. I was starved to the point that I would have said "yes" to anything. The thing is, we had that famous conversation again. We were both starving and irritated and kept asking "what do you want for lunch" to each other. I could not take it. And when I saw a Chipotle napkin on the kitchen table I started craving it again.

So, I am embarrassed to say that we had Chipotle AGAIN.

Wait, scratch that. I am not embarrassed. Chipotle is yummy and I am lucky to be with someone who is willing to eat it twice in a week.

After lunch, Colon did not get to work right away. I allowed him He started to play his games and I read my kindle. After a couple of hours, he started to work. It felt like our normal Gainesville day. He plays and I do my nerdy things. All was good in our world.

The only thing that ruined it was boredom. I got bored. So, we took a walk and on our walk, we stopped by a "wine and spirits" store. It was nice and Colon had his eye on a Duckhorn bottle. When he mentioned Duckhorn, I got excited.


Why? Last October, I took a trip to visit Colon while he was doing a different internship in Folsom. I mentioned the trip on this 365 post, I just did not give any details. He took me to Napa Valley and we visited a couple of wineries. Duckhorn was one of the wineries that we visited and it was beautiful.

That is why I was intrigued when I heard him say "Duckhorn". When I saw the bottle, I was excited. I had tasted plenty of Duckhorn red wine, but had never tried any white wine from that label. The bottle that Colon picked up was Sauvignon Blanc and all I kept thinking was "I like to try new things". As we handed the bottle to the cashier, Colon and I kept raving about Duckhorn. I guess the cashier picked up on our excitement because he told us about specials that they were having on Decoy wines. Decoy is part of the Duckhorn family and my eyes lit up when I heard that there were specials. So, we looked and ended up getting this bottle:

The Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon

Notice that it is Cabernet Sauvignon. My favorite! 


Unfortunately, we did not open any of the bottles when we got home. Colon had a soccer game and we had to leave right away to make it on time. So, I got to watch him play again and they played a lot better. Just for fun, I am attaching a picture of Colon playing soccer. 

Isn't he cute? ***Sorry it is so dim!***

When we finally got home, I thought we were going to relax for the rest of the night. It started off relaxing. We turned on the TV and I remembered that I bought a chocolate cake slice from the grocery store. 

So yummy. It tasted 10 times better than it looks.

We scarfed the chocolate cake down and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Then, Colon's roommate and a friend invited us to join them at a local bar/ restaurant. We were starving and thought this would be an opportunity to grab some dinner. 

On the way to the restaurant, Colon could not stop talking about the restaurant. it was called Manderes. He was especially excited about the ribs. So, we arrived at the restaurant and found his friends.  When we started to look at the menu, we were informed that the kitchen was closed. I was so sad because I was looking forward to the ribs. Also, I was starving and these people wanted to drink. Needless to say, I still ordered a beer. It was good but it wasn't the best idea to drink on an empty stomach. It turns out that I had been to the restaurant (before it relocated) during my Napa Valley trip. 

When we finally left the bar, I was feeling my drink. I knew that I should not have drank on an empty stomach. Colon's roommate rode home with us and I am sure that I embarrassed myself in front of him. Also, I kept asking for papitas and Colon had to make a pit stop at Jack in the Box. (This was brought up constantly throughout the rest of my trip...hence the post title). Those papitas tasted so good!

So, it was a perfect ending for a lazy day!

**I cannot believe that I did not thoroughly blog about the October 2010 trip to California. I am surprised that I only mentioned it in this post. I have so many pictures form this trip. It would have made awesome posts. 


Thursday, November 17

Colon worked a full day on Thursday and every time I talked to him it seemed as if he was stressed. I got a lot done that day. I studied and also cooked Adobo for Colon and his roommate. It came out so good and they actually liked it. 

The best part of the day was wine tasting. Remember the "wine and spirits" place that we went to on Wednesday? Well, they had informed us that there would be a wine tasting between 5 and 8 pm. So, after dinner, we made our way to the "wine and spirits" place. I had so much fun and I cannot believe that I did not take any pictures. I also met someone that lived in Pensacola for a year.

Sauvignon Blanc by Duckhorn. AMAZING!

The drinking did not stop there. We decided to open up the Duckhorn bottle that we bought on Wednesday. We (Colon, his roommate, and I) finished up the bottle. 

AND... this was day 2 of going to bed slightly intoxicated!

Friday, November 18


Colon went to work with the intention of coming home after lunch. He wasn't planning to work the full day. I woke up late and did not actually get out of bed until an hour before he got off of work. (I know... I am extremely lazy).  Once I got out of the shower, he called me to come down so that we could go to lunch.

Where did he take me?

Yummy

All I have to say is free refills and endless fries. Or should I say "endless papitas". What did Colon do while we waited for our food?

Ooh, pretty fries!
Yup! He played with his phone. What did I do?

I thought it was cool!
Take pictures of random things! Seriously, the food was amazing!

We spent the rest of the day relaxing and spending time with each other. I was starting to get sad because the end of the trip was approaching quickly. This happens during every trip and I was determined to not let this ruin my last days with my love.

I convinced Colon to take me to a sushi restaurant. We ended up going to a place called Sky Sushi.


SO YUMMY!
It was 30 minutes away and it was well worth the drive. I was so proud of Colon because he actually had some of my rolls and did not complain! After stuffing my face, we went home to prep for the night. We were heading to Sacramento to go to a bar with Colon's friends. The bar was called "Dive Bar" and it was so cool. You should click on the link and there are pictures of the bar. 

We ended up driving back to Folsom and thank God that Colon did not drink. All I have to say is, Friday was day 3 of going to bed slightly intoxicated. 

Saturday, November 19


Saturday was the laziest day of the trip. I woke up feeling... off. Colon woke up and went to the living room to do work related things. It took me a while to get up and take a shower. I felt so much better after I took a shower. When I came out to the living room, Colon and his roommate decided to order pizza. 

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

That pizza had healing powers. After eating it, I felt rejuvenated. While Colon worked/ played video games, I watched cable television. Don't judge. I don't have cable and had to soak it up while I was in California. We literally spent the whole day doing this. LITERALLY! This is why Colon and I are meant to be together. We both are lazy! Lazy couples are perfect!

We left the house for dinner. We were going to go to Manderes for dinner, but when we arrived the line was long. We were starving and needed food immediately. So, we went to Olive Garden. It was a nice dinner. We were both joking around and talking. But, in the back of our minds, we were thinking about my trip the next day. 

After dinner, we went to a housewarming/ birthday party of one of Colon's friends. I had fun, but everyone kept asking about the length of my stay. It was hard for me to reply "Oh, I leave tomorrow". It sucked and it was a constant reminder. I just wanted to go home and spend time with my love. 

Well, that sums up my trip. I had so much fun and I already miss my love. Leaving was hard and I could not help but cry before bed on Saturday night. I felt so bad for doing that. I was supposed to be strong and what did I do? Show my weakness to Colon. 

Oh well. My trip was amazing and I cannot wait until I see my love again!

Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)