Thursday, October 27, 2011

Randomness is the key to happiness

It's been a long week and so many things (both serious and completely random things) have been plaguing my mind. So here I go. 


1. I love the painting shows (like Bob Ross) on create. It is so cool how they come up with images from the random strokes that  they do. Whenever I try them, they look like a bunch of random colors on a canvas.

2. WHY do people keep comparing Natalie Portman to Audrey Hepburn? I love Natalie Portman but she has nothing on Audrey Hepburn. Maybe I am being biased... but it just annoys me when I see these comparisons. 

3. I have been thinking about my job lately. I do enjoy it and I love dealing with people. But, I am starting to get restless. I have never thought of myself as someone who cannot stay in one place. I like to stay in my comfort zone. BUT, I have found that I DO tend to become restless in my comfort zone. I often look for new things to try. I am kind of lost. A year ago, I sought this job out because I needed money. I was (and still am) willing to work my ass off to make sure that all of my necessities are met. That has not changed. It's just, this job does not play towards my strengths. Many people say that I am doing a great job, but I am  finding that dealing with people takes a lot of effort for me. I am not naturally outgoing and it takes energy (less now than it did when I first started) to put a smile on my face and deal with people. 

So, I am conflicted. I love the company and still want to stay with the company. BUT, I do not want a position that deals directly with the day-to-day happenings of residents. I think I have found one that I am interested in and am trying to get my name in there. Decisions....Decisions...

4. I want this so badly:


5. I have already started buying Christmas gifts for people. I know. I know. I am ahead of the game, but I LOVE Christmas.
 I love buying gifts for people. 
I love Christmas Trees. 
I love the smells.
I love the songs. 
I love the decorations. 
I can go on, but I think you get the picture. I love everything about Christmas and I am so happy that I have started my Christmas shopping early. YAY!!


6. I feel weird about naming people on my blog. You might have noticed that I always address my significant other as "my boyfriend". I don't even think I have posted his name. I just want to make sure I respect peoples privacy. BUT, I follow blogs of other people and they post names left and right. Is it weird that I don't post people's names? Should I? If I do, do I have to ask permission? 

7. I am bummed that the PS3 died. My boyfriend just bought a new game last week and has not talked about anything else. His "boasting" makes me want to play my games/ buy a new game. 

8. I really am in love with the camera's that I have been browsing. Every time I look at them, I want one more and more. I am even starting to want a camera MORE than I want the Kindle Fire. Wow. WOW. WOW!!!!! I am already planning excursions so that I can use my camera (and I don't even have it yet). I have to start saving my money. 

9. How early can I get a Christmas tree? Is it too early to get one now? 

10. It is starting to get colder here in Gainesville. I love it! I haven't even turned on my A/C in the last couple of weeks. Open windows and fans. YES

11. Grooveshark is the best and I love that it a Gainesville company! OH YEAH!

12. The Gators are killing me right now. The last 3 games almost put me in the hospital because of panic attacks. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I hope they get their act together. But, like I always say... In all kinds of weather!

13. HOLY CRAP! Exactly 2 weeks until I am on the plane to visit my boyfriend. OH YEAH! So excited. I guess I can take out my suitcase. Wait. Is it still too early?

14. I really want a Christmas tree. It doesn't have to be 20 feet high. It can be 3 foot. Something small that I can carry on my own since I do not have my personal mover (ahem...yes this is you my manly man) with me.

15. Why don't I EVER proofread my entries? I think I should start. 

16. I just recently got an invite from a random person on Skype. She says
"Hola  I was browsin ppl near me and I noticed your profile, and thought you seemed cool ;)"  ::::direct quote::::
What? Where do people get the guts to write that to a RANDOM person? I don't know why, but I think it is extremely weird!


WOW. I did not realize how random my thoughts are. That's kind of a lie. I did. I just did not realize how long this post was going to be.

Hope everything is going well with you AND

GO GATORS!


Lourdes



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)