Thursday, September 22, 2011

I want to...I wish for...



Lately I have been thinking about accomplishing a lot of things. Some of them are short term (like laundry, grocery shopping, paying bills) and some of them are long term. Most of my long-term goals tend to be about my own self-improvement and I am adding things to this list every day.

But, I am starting to realize more and more, self-improvement is not easy. I, along with most people, tend to struggle with this. I wish that improving myself was easier and I sometimes delude myself into believing that it is. I guess things that are worthwhile are not easy to obtain.

I am bringing up self-improvement because aspects of my job have made me aware of certain things that I have to improve. On top of that, there have been certain "selfish things" that I have been wanting to accomplish.


1) Help out Kirsten more at work


a) I have to stop coming to her with tedious things. I always did it to Candice and I refuse to do it to Kirsten.


b) I am going to start offering to help out more. I know I am not a manager but I could always lend a helping hand. I know help is needed especially because there is no ACM on staff.


I would just like to bee seen as a help rather than a nuisance in the office. 

Now, I am moving away from self-improvement and going on to my selfish rants...

2) Save a Wal Mart betta fish



Whenever I go to Wal-Mart for shampoo or soap, I always stop by the pet section to check out the decoration section. The last couple of times that I have been to Wal-Mart, they have had betta fish. I always stop and look at them. Most of the fish look sad and lonely. They look underfed and sickly. This makes me want to buy all of them and nurse them back to health.


I know it is not possible for me to do this and I will not buy anymore fish. I just want to save those fish. 


Oh well, For Christmas I will buy a betta fish for all of my friends!


3) I want a turtle


If you have talked to me in the last two weeks, you know that I want a turtle. I have seriously considered getting one and started to do my research on the proper care of turtles. Throughout my research I found out a couple of things.


a) It is illegal to sell turtles that are smaller than 4 inches long. When I heard this, I was surprised because I have seen them in several stores. It turns out that most people buy turtles when they are small without knowing how big the turtles actually get. When the turtle starts to increase in size, the owners tend to let the turtles out in the wild. The only problem is that turtles are not indigenous to some areas. the reason why we see them sold in Florida is because turtles are indigenous to Florida and will survive in the wild. 


b) I at LEAST need a 50 gallon tank. This may seem big for a small turtle, but I won't have to buy a larger tank when the turtle starts to grow. 


c) Turtles are so cute and the research has made me want a turtle even more. 


I hope your Thursday went well...

Much love,
Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)