Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happiness Continued: September 12- September 18



My days have been filled with work, school and errands. BUT it has also been filled with so much happiness. Happiness that came in the rarest (and weirdest) forms. 
I am so lucky to have a blessed life and am happy that I could relay this week's list of happiness to you. Hope you enjoy... 


Monday September 12
Watermelon


I went grocery shopping the other day and was determined to buy fruits. I was walking through the veggie/ fruit section of Publix when I came across a HUGE watermelon. When I saw it, my mouth started to water. I bought it and cut it up as soon as I got home. I didn't stuff my face with watermelon when I got home and I do not know where I got the strength to resist it. Anyways, I put up a resistance for a couple of days and could not help myself today. I took a bowl of watermelon slices out of the fridge and indulged! It tasted so good and it was so juicy. 

Tuesday September 13
The Lodger (book)


This was a free book for my Amazon Kindle. I came across this book as I was looking for books to fulfill my "mystery novel obsession". I did not know what to expect and was not really expecting much. But, I could not put this book down once I started. If should definitely read the book description if you are interested. If you want more info, feel free to ask me. I definitely liked this psychological thriller. 


Wednesday September 14
Supernova girl/ Zenon Girl of the 21st century


You can laugh all you want but you will not be able to make me ashamed of the fact that I like this song. I remember watching this movie when I was younger and I was obsessed. You have to admit, this song is catchy!

Zoom zoom zoom
You make my heart go
Boom boom
My Supernova girl

Thursday September 15
My new steam vacuum


I came home today and looked at my carpet. my old steam cleaner crapped out and since then I have had to rent a steam cleaner from a grocery store. I honestly hate doing that. I would rather spend my money on a personal steam cleaner. SO, I bought one today. i am so excited!

Friday September 16
Wine and Cheese with Lauren, Liz and Kim



Last week I went to dinner at The Top for Liz's birthday. During the dinner, Liz, Lauren, and I decided that we would go to The Wine and Cheese Gallery every Friday to enjoy Happy Hour. We waited until the last minute (I mean this literally! we waited until 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet) to finalize our plans. We had an amazing time. We were able to catch up with each other and have a great time. I cannot stop myself from saying (for the 100th time) how much I love this place!

Saturday September 17
My 2 New snails: Pammy and Michael Scarn


Yes, I bought 2 new snails. They are just adorable and I love their colors. SO, I bought a golden mystery snail and a black mystery snail. I named the golden one, Pammy and I named the black one, Michael Scarn. All of my pet names are going to have a "The Office" theme! They are adorable!

Sunday September 18
Chris' blog


Try to imagine 18-year old Lourdes walking getting lost in Turlington. I found the classroom only to see a note instructing students to make their way to Leigh hall for class. As I was trying to find my way out of Turlington, I stumbled across another person. He was a fellow student and his name was Chris. 


That is how my friendship with Chris began and I am happy to say that we are still friends. He was the first friend I made here at UF and I truly do love him. Since then,  we have both graduated from undergrad and he has moved away. Despite the distance between us, we keep in contact and see each other at least once a week through Skype sessions. To be honest, I probably see him more than I see my boyfriend. 


Anyways, The past 2 years have not been great for Chris. He has become so frustrated with the hand that he has been dealt. Schools and jobs are not recognizing his potential and are giving opportunities to people that do not even have half the talent that Chris has. During the Skype sessions, we have had many conversations about this and I suggested that he start a blog about his life, thoughts, and frustrations. My "begging" must have convinced him because he has started a blog. I read the first entry and am quite impressed. I love his writing and am looking forward to reading more of his blog entries. 


I would like to link his blog but will not post the link until he gives me permission to do so.


Also, here's a grammar question: Is it Chris' or Chris's? I was taught Chris' but have seen it Chris's.






Oh well, I am done for today. i am sorry I am so late in publishing this entry.


Love,
Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)