Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hate? Love? hmmmm...





Today, I hate everything. 

Ok, fine. I don't particularly hate anything today. I have been thinking of the concept of "hate" ever since my friend posted a blog concerning the meaning of "love". It was beautifully put and thought provoking. It also made me realize that we...or rather I... use the word "hate" so often. Yet, we don't really make a distinction between the uses of the word. 

Lately, I have found myself saying "I hate so and so" or "I hate this and that". But, when it comes to "I hate...[insert person here]...", do I REALLY hate this person? Once I started thinking about it, I realized that I DO NOT HATE this person or anyone. What I actually hate is their ACTIONS or how they approach certain situations.

I should really say "I am IRRITATED with this person". I mean, hate is such a strong word to use when you really don't hate someone. So, when someone starts to get on my nerves, I will try to rationalize and take a step back before I utter the words "I hate...."

I go with love, NOT HATE...


Lourdes




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)