Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happiness Continued: August 22- August 28


School started this week and I need something to de-stress. 
OK.
 OK.
 School was not that bad, but stress and anxiety always accompanies the start of classes. 

How was your first day and week of school?


Monday August 22
Dwight eating lettuce

Just so you know, I am speaking about my snail and not a person! You may be aware of the fact that I have been earnestly searching for a pet to love and take care of. That is where Dwight and Dundie come in. Ever since I got them, I have felt needed. They are easy to take care of. This may sound stupid, but I have been researching about the care of Betta fish and snails. I wanted to find alternative sources of food for my new pets. That is when I came across the idea of putting lettuce in the tank. Dwight absolutely loves it. He will not stop chewing at the lettuce and Dundie is constantly hiding in it. 

Tuesday August 23
Mansfield Park- Jane Austin


I have been on this mission to reread all of Jane Austin's novels. I have successfully reread Pride and Prejudice and am finding it hard to fit in reading time amongst school and work. I am now working on Mansfield Park, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy this book. I have to be honest. Pride and Prejudice is , by far, my favorite Austin book. BUT, this book is actually entertaining. 

Wednesday August 24
The Portal proposal video


Have you seen this video? If you have not, watch it. Once you have seen the video, you will understand why I love it so much. You are probably already aware of the fact that I am in love with a game called Portal. This is why I think this proposal is so cool. If my boyfriend proposed to me in this way, I would love it and would surely say yes. I know it sounds so nerdy, but I do not care. I love it!

Thursday August 25
When Jim asks Pam out


I am fascinated with Jim and Pam. Their relationship has grabbed my attention since the beginning. I felt so bad for Jim. He loved Pam but she was with that nasty man, Roy. The love triangle went on for so long and I suffered throughout all of it. That is why I love this scene. Jim finally separates from Karen and asks Pam on a date. Pam's face at the end makes my heart skip a beat.

Friday August 26
Seeing my boyfriend after 2 months

Today, I drove down to Miami because my boyfriend is visiting his family. Usually, I would die of excitement a week before a trip like this. This time, reality did not set in until 1 hour before I departed Gainesville. Funny, huh? I kept telling myself that I would see him soon and I don't think that I really believed it. You should have seen me at work today. When it finally hit me, I could not stop smiling. The drive went by so quickly.
In all honesty, I am so glad that I got to make this trip down to see him. It felt so good to see him again. His face; his smile; his eyes; his voice. He is just amazing.

Saturday August 27
Seeing my boyfriend's niece

My boyfriend's niece was born a few days ago. I have already expressed my joy in seeing him so happy. He is such a proud uncle and I am finding that his brother is such a proud father. This is what I have enjoyed seeing. Plus, the baby is beautiful. 

Sunday August 28
Yankee Candle Tarts

I have started to notice that girls tend to enjoy buying candles. I know that I LOVE them. I love lighting them  in my apartment. They make my apartment smell so good. I especially love the Yankee Candle Tarts. My mother gave me a tart burner a while back and I love buying the different scented tarts. They are just so much fun!


I guess this is the end for me. Let me know what you think.

I hope your first week of school was amazing and that is was lacking in stress.

Much love,
Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)