Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happiness Continued: August 1- August 7


Busy...lazy... tired...happy... story of my life...


Monday August 1
Lord of the Rings


You already know that I am a huge nerd. Guess what. I am so proud of it! SO, it makes me happy to say that I absolutely love The Lord of the Rings. I can watch and re-watch the movies a thousand times and not get bored. Talk about obsession. I even bought the Kindle e-books so that I could read them. I am so excited to start reading them.


Tuesday August 2
I'm Yours- Jason Mraz


Have you heard this song before? I [obviously] have...a THOUSAND times. It's catchy and cute. This is one of the few songs that has not gotten on my nerves due to overplay. 

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
And now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out
I'll be giving it my bestest
Nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn, to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love
Listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love love

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours
And do ya want to scooch on over closer dear,
And I will nibble your ear

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see ya clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and I laughed
I guess what I'm saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue

I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm yours
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours
So please don't, please don't, please don't, there's
No need to complicate cause our time is short this
Oh this oh this oh this is our fate, I'm yours


Wednesday August 3
Dinner with my uncle and cousin


Today was such a busy day at work. It was move-out day and it felt like thousands of people walked into the office today. On top of the move-outs, we had to walk every single apartment in the complex. We had to document the condition of each apartment. This may SOUND like an easy task but it really is not. In the middle of walking my last building, I received texts from my sisters stating that my Uncle Luis was in town. Apparently he wanted to take me to dinner. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I had an amazing tie and loved that I was able to catch up with my uncle and my cousin. It was amazing.

Thursday August 4
Berets




I may never wear the berets that I have but I am always tempted to wear them. I think that they are classy and they do look great on everybody. I think I like them because they are a French style and we all know about my obsession with France. 

Friday August 5
A nice Friday at Wine and Cheese Gallery


I have been to the Wine and Cheese Gallery many times before. I probably did not have to say that. Today was different. I went alone and had an amazing time. I picked a table by the window, opened my kindle and read. I loved the atmosphere and it was easy for me to focus on the book while drinking a yummy glass of Cabernet. YUMMY!!

Saturday August 6
Fruity Pebbles




I went grocery shopping the other day and saw that there was a 2 for 1 sale on Fruity Pebbles. I bought a couple of boxes and I am so addicted. I had three bowls of Fruity Pebbles today. The funny thing is that I cannot eat Fruity Pebbles with milk. I like it sans milk. Weird, huh?

Sunday August 7
Manuel's brother helping me with my computer


I have the worst luck with computers. Can you guess what happened today? My charger died. It does not help that my laptop has a battery life of 20 minutes. [Baby, this is not your cue to start blaming me for my computer's low battery life] My computer finally died and I was not able to charge it. SO, after 30 minutes of boredom and racking my brain for solutions, I remembered that my friend Manuel has a similar laptop. I went over to his house and charged my computer. I also found out that his brother knew where I could buy a replacement charger. He helped me buy a reasonably priced charger. I appreciate his help. 




I guess this was another random week of happiness. YAY. 


Mucho love,


Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)