Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Living together again....maybe?


Growing up, my parents made it clear that it was "wrong" to live with a boyfriend or a significant other before marriage. Even though I knew how they felt, I still decided to live with my boyfriend. It was the summer after my junior year of college and it was around the time that I took over all of my finances. It just made sense for me and my boyfriend to live together. 

We have been living together for 2 years and I enjoy living with him. This is why it was a little bit hard for me to talk about renewing our lease. I did not want to assume that he would want to live with me. If I assumed he did and he decided to live with his friends, I would be hurt.

 I would understand. But it would still hurt.

BUT even if it hurt, I do not think his choosing to live with friends constitutes a break up. When I spoke to my friends about this they were surprised. Many of them thought that living together was a step forward in a relationship and that living with other people (after living together) was a step back.

I definitely understand this. BUT I do not agree.

I just want feedback from others. Does anyone else out there think the same way I do? Even if you don't, I want to here your take on this. 

Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)