Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happiness Continued: May 16- May 22


The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. 
~Lao Tzu

Everything in my life has changed recently. My boyfriend is gone. School is over for the summer. I am working 40 hours a week. I turned 23.( SO OLD). So many things. i usually do not handle change very well but i have been dealing with it. I think this list helps me to handle things. There is nothing like focusing on the happy things in life. So, here I go...


 Monday May 16
Zen garden


I just recently bought myself a Zen Garden. I never knew how relaxing a Zen Garden could be. 
The sand. The rocks. The rake. Who knew it would be relaxing to rake the sand. I actually spent 20 minutes raking the sand and contemplating life. So amazing!

Tuesday May 17
Jesse Metcalfe


Oh man. Can you say SEXY?????? I have been watching old Desperate Housewives episodes and came across this sexy man. His smile. His body. His eyes. Just so attractive. I smile every time he appears in an episode!

Wednesday May 18
"Happy Accidents"


If you have never seen this movie, I suggest you watch it. It is quite weird but it still keeps you watching. I love Marissa Tomei in this movie.

Thursday May 19
"Illusion"

This movie was actually quite good and makes you think about all the things that you have done in life. Many people regret actions in their past and this movie shows you how certain actions can lead to regret. I suggest you watch the movie. 

Friday May 20
Talking about weddings with Candice and Michelle

Work was interesting today. we ended up talking about weddings for about an hour. While we were working on placement, we started talking about weddings and my manager started telling me about her wedding. It made me excited and made me want to get married. (Don't get me wrong. I know I am  not ready. It just made me want to plan my own wedding). 

Saturday May 21
The wine Candice gave me for my birthday

On my birthday, my manager got me a bottle of wine from her home town. It was actually good. I usually don't like wines that are extremely fruity, but this wine was yummy! If you would like to try it, just contact me and I can get you the name of the wine!

Sunday May22
Janet- Newest coworker

Lately there has been many staff changes in the office and I was nervous about them. I loved Alex and Emmy and I did not know how the office dynamic would change when the new managers started. It has been about 2 weeks and I am absolutely loving them. I especially love Janet. She is amazing and i love having conversations with her. She is interesting and down to earth!   


That is the end for this week. I hope you enjoyed! 

Kisses,

Laura

PS...I am sorry this was posted so late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)