Monday, May 2, 2011

Bye... See you in 6 to 7 months


"Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad cause I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special" 

I previously wrote an entry concerning long-distance relationships. I reread it today and I am proud of the strength that I showed in that entry. That entry really did portray my true feelings, but those feelings started to waiver yesterday. My boyfriends family came for his graduation. When I heard them knock on the door, realization hit me. My boyfriend was leaving and he was leaving soon. I started to panic and was ashamed. 

Why was I panicking when I knew he was leaving for a good reason? 

Why was I panicking when I had an amazing relationship which will grow stronger with long-distance?

Yes, these questions were swirling in my brain along with shame. This has shown me that everyone is going to have these feelings towards long-distance relationships. It cannot be avoided. But, what can be controlled is the way you portray and display these feelings. What makes a person strong, is the actions and the way one reacts to their feelings. So, I still consider myself strong. I made the most of the last day and last moments with my boyfriend. Yes, I did cry after he left, but I realized it is not the end of the world. 

So, I end this entry with a goodbye hug and a goodbye kiss.

Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)