Sunday, March 13, 2011

365 Days of Happiness March 7- March 13



A vacation is like love - anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort, and remembered with nostalgia.  
~Author Unknown


Spring break is this week and we are off to New Orleans for Mardi Gras!!!!

Monday March 7
Spring Break


I always love vacations and time off from school. But, this spring break is just amazing. We started driving to New Orleans to go to Mardi Gras and then we will drive down to Miami to visit my boyfriend's family. This will be the first spring break trip that i will take where I will not be going home. 

Tuesday March 8
Mardi Gras


I love the beads and the parades. I love the costumes and the eccentricity. New Orleans is such an exciting city and it makes Mardi Gras so much more amazing. I have bought 2 masks and have caught  many beads. if you have not experienced it, you are missing out. You should definitely make an effort to experience it. 


Now, this motivates me to experience other "Mardi Gras" versions throughout the world.
Wednesday March 9
S.I.M.P





In my last entry, I mentioned that Phineas and Ferb makes me happy. The song S.I.M.P is a song from this show and is hilarious. S.I.M.P is an acronym for "Squirrels in my Pants". Just watch the video. you will see why I was lured to this show. 

Thursday March 10
Getting my eyebrows threaded


I have always gotten my eyebrows waxed. My eyebrows are so thick and are so hard to control them. I never had a problem with waxing until I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time. I got it done today and am now in love with it. It is so much better for my skin. No more tearing of the skin, and I personally think it hurts less than waxing. It actually feels kind of cool. If you have never done it before, you should definitely try it.
  
Friday March 11
Audrey Hepburn


This woman is the most beautiful women in the world. She is:
classy
elegant
beautiful


These three words describe what I want to be. I think this is why I have always loved Audrey Hepburn. I love her movies and am so sad that I have never been able to meet her. To make up for this sadness, I watch her movies constantly. Her movies give me a sense of peace. I find myself trying to mimic her mannerisms and cannot contain my happiness when I see her. 

Saturday March 12
Lego Indiana Jones


This Spring Break has shown me how much I love my Lego Indiana Jones DS game. During the drive to and from New Orleans, I have been addicted. Even as I type, I am thinking about the game. Is there a Lego Indiana Jones anonymous?  

Sunday  March 13
Beignets



One of the best places to get breakfast in New Orleans is The Cafe du Monde. If you have gone, you know that it is necessary to get the beignets. They are amazing. The powdered sugar sprinkled over the French doughnut. YUMMY!






I hope your Spring break was amazing and that you enjoyed this weeks list.


Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)