Thursday, December 9, 2010

True love is like ghosts...

"True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen."

Francois de La Rochefoucauld








It's sad how rare "true love" is. In the last five years of my life, I have had so many of my friends tell me that they have found "The one" or that they "truly love" their significant other. Maybe I am being too cynical, but every time someone tells me this I allow myself to smile. But my smile is a bit deceiving. I AM actually happy for people who think they are in love and that they have found "The One", BUT I have seen too many relationships end and too many people hurt.


I agree, love is a beautiful notion and I DO believe in love. I mean, I actually think I am in love. But only time will tell. 


I am just going to live my life and not dwell on this thing called "love". If I do not dwell on it, then I can enjoy it and enjoy life. 


~~Laura~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)