Monday, December 6, 2010

Self reliance...

"Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward"

Patricia Sampson


Last summer my life underwent a huge transition. Near the end of the summer, events occurred in my life that forced me to become financially responsible for myself. This forced me to rely on myself. At first I was scared and nervous. I resented the change. But, I slowly relished in the freedom. I could finally make decisions for myself. I could do things without getting permission from my parents and worrying about their approval. This change made me realize who I really was. 

I really advise people to stop relying on others and to start relying on themselves. Only then will you realize your true potential!

~Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)