Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Love/hatred... heart?

"The human heart is a strange vessel. Love and hatred can exist side by side."
 Scott Westerfeld

I have often thought about this. First, I think it is funny how we equate our feelings with the heart. The heart is an organ in our body. How did the heart become associated with love and feelings? I took some time to research and found that the heart was considered to be the "seat of thought, reason, and emotion..." by philosophers and even scientists. (Wikipedia, of course). 

It's funny how this has continued through centuries. But, what is also funny is how "matters of the heart" include both love and hatred. It's so contradictory. I don't think I will ever understand!


~Lourdes



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)