Friday, December 31, 2010

Adults and children

What is an adult? A child blown up by age.

Simone de Beauvoir


Growing up, I would watch the drama and interactions among the adults in my family. They seemed to bicker all of the time and go through periods of "talking' and "not talking". I thought it was crazy and mentioned this to my father. That was when my father told me that adults were  like children. They acted like children and have tempers like children. The only difference is that they do not have someone there to "put them in their place" and correct them when they are getting out of line. Adults tend to have a "I'm always right" attitude. 

So, just because you are an adult does not mean you cannot act worse than a child.

~~Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)