Tuesday, November 30, 2010

To be one's self...

"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity"
~Irving Wallace


Do you really want to be just like everyone else around you? I would hope not. If you have been reading my blog, you know that I am working on accepting and loving myself and ignoring the bad things that others may think or say about me. but it is not only about accepting one's self. We all know how easy it is to follow the crowd and do whatever everyone else is doing. But is that necessarily right? I don't believe so. 
I mean...
What if everyone jumped off of a cliff? Would you also jump?
What if everyone killed someone? Would you kill someone?

This reiterates that you should be yourself, ESPECIALLY in situations where you don't agree with the masses.

Be insert name here and not the person in insert group name here group.

~Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)