Sunday, November 14, 2010

365 Days of Happiness: November 8- November 14


Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart. How beautiful Lauren Bacall is. How smooth Humphrey Bogart is.  Throughout the week, this couple has been the focus of my research, and the relationship between these two actors has enthralled me. But, instead of boring you with the details of my fascination with this couple, I will now continue with my list of happiness!

Monday November 8
Volta

This semester has been full of new experiences.I have had to get used to new people, new obligations, and new school programs. I started to notice that the students in the Mathematics graduate program e started to form groups and that the students all seemed to be getting to know each other. I felt a little left out and tried not to let it bother me. But, there were three people in the program that seemed to have their own click. They were extremely friendly and after talking with them I realized that I could definitely fit in with this group. I wanted to create relationships with each of them; I wanted to get to know them further. Now this is where Volta comes in. The other day, I went to Volta in downtown Gainesville. It's a cute little coffee shop. I went there to meet up with a new friend. The conversation, in combination with the atmosphere, have made me so happy. Volta is cozy and homey. The perfect place to sit down and read with a cup of hot chocolate or to sit and have conversations with friends while drinking a latte. It's just the place for me. 

Bones

This is the second thing listed for today. I absolutely love this show. I really cannot relay what it is about the show that I like. Whenever I watch it, I find myself unable to do anything else. So, because of my inability to relay the cause of my fascination with this show, I suggest that you watch it and discover for yourself.  

Tuesday November 9
Whiskey: Darryl's Dog

I have to honestly say that I am in love with my friends dog. His name is Whiskey. AKA Whiskers AKA Wiki. He is so friendly. That along with being cute and loving makes him the best dog ever! He is the reason why I want a little puppy. Preferably a Maltese! Yup, now I know what I want for Christmas!

Wednesday November 10
Elephant Love Medley

If you have read previous entries to the list, you know that Moulin Rouge is one of my favorite movies. I love this movie, not only for the story, but for the fact that it is a musical. One of my favorite songs from the movie is "Elephant Love Medley". If you have not heard the song, you should definitely listen to it. I love how Christian seems to win over Satine's heart throughout the song. At the beginning of the song, Satine is denying the love between them. By the end, she acknowledges the feelings and kisses him. AMAZING!

Thursday November 11
Leonardo's Pizza

Hooray for Leonardo's pizza runs. The pizza here is reasonably priced yet still delicious. I have been going to Leonardo's since I was a freshman at UF. But, for some reason I had not been there all semester. Today, was the first time I went and it reminded me of how amazing it is!

Friday November 12
Pomegranate Martinis




My friends and I had "Girl's night" and went to one of my favorite restaurants. Do you remember me mentioning The Top in a previous entry? Well, we went to The Top and had an amazing time. What made it amazing? The pomegranate martinis that my friends and I ordered. They tasted so good. I was extremely impressed with the fusion of the pomegranate flavor (which I love) with the lemon that was also in the drink. You could not even tell that they were alcoholic. All I have to say is that I am in love!

PS... The picture was taken by me. You can also see the house wine that my friend ordered and the crumpled straw paper that I played with throughout the dinner! :)

Saturday November 13
Humphrey Bogart


I was watching Casablanca (for the hundredth time) and realized how much I love Humphrey Bogart.  I don't necessarily consider him handsome, but something about him pulls me in. It might be that he always plays a tough guy that tends to hide his affectionate, noble side. Or, the way that he says "Here's to looking at you kid". Either way. He has stolen a piece of my heart. 

Sunday November 14
Lauren Bacall


As I started typing up the entry for Saturday, I realized what my happy thing of the day would be. Seeing Humphrey Bogart's picture and writing about him, made me think of the romance of Bogart and Lauren Bacall. They were so in love and you could see this love in the movies that they starred in together. Just look at the picture at the beginning of the entry. Look at the way he is holding her, and the way that their hands are entwined. The way she is looking at him shows the love. 

But wait! This entry is about Lauren Bacall. one of the most beautiful women that I have ever seen. Her eyes are amazing. The way that her hair compliments her features just blows me away. I have spent time looking at pictures of her and it is hard to stop myself from thinking that I wish I looked like her. her pictures and poses have inspired me to take pictures with the same poses. If you have never seen a film starring Ms. Bacall, I suggest you get to work! She is an amazing actress!

*****************

I have now finished up my entries and am now going to sit down to watch To Have and Have Not. An amazing movie starring Bogart and Bacall. If only I had a pomegranate martini...

So long,
Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)