Sunday, October 17, 2010

365 Days of Happiness: October 13-17





"Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination"

-Voltaire


I am on my trek back to reality now. Leaving my boyfriend and heading back home. Amazing trip and AS ALWAYS my boyfriend made this trip memorable and made it extremely hard for me to tear myself away from him. I am here not to update my list of happiness and hoping that recounting this list will cheer me up.

*******************************************************************************

Wednesday October 13

Flying to see my boyfriend

Seeing my boyfriends face for the first time in a long time

So, I have two things for today and thought they were appropriate. First off, I was so excited about the trip that I was unable to stay asleep this morning. I woke up 2 hours before my alarm and just sat around my house daydreaming about my boyfriend. My anticipation and enthusiasm level was 6 (on a scale from 1 to 10). I went to class and then took the shuttle to the airport. It was in the shuttle that my enthusiasm level hit 8. I was almost to the airport and it would be a matter of time before I would see my boyfriends face. Once I was on the second flight, my enthusiasm skyrocketed and I could not control it. The plane ride was amazing. Just knowing that he would be near me in a few hours.

Then, coming off of the plane and seeing my boyfriend next to the car. It had been so long since I had seen his face. It was just amazing and it made me so happy. i can't even describe the happiness.

*******************************************************************************

Thursday October 14

Holding my boyfriends hand

One of the things I am loving about this trip:

Holding my boyfriends hand WHENEVER I want.

The warmth and the security that is present in a hand hold is amazing. Whenever my boyfriend instinctively grabs for my hands when we are walking, I am comforted with the knowledge that he loves me and always find myself with a smile on my face.

*******************************************************************************
Friday October 15

Shopping for clothes with my boyfriend

I know what you are thinking. I sound selfish and materialistic. But honestly, we went shopping for my boyfriend and I had so much fun. I love picking out things for him and seeing the kinds of clothes that he picks out. I could tell that he had fun, and when I saw that he was having fun, it made me feel so good.

*******************************************************************************


Saturday October 16

Napa

Seeing grapes on a vine

My boyfriend took me to a couple of vineyards and the drive there was amazing. The scenery. GORGEOUS. It actually made me cry. I have found where I would like to live (other than in Florida) when I settle down.

Visiting the vineyards allowed me to see, for the FIRST TIME, grapes hanging from a vine. The picture is a picture that I took. Isn't it cool? it's weird that I love grapes and have eaten grapes all my life, but have never seen grapes in a vine.
BEAUTIFUL!!!

******************************************************************************

Sunday October 17

Looking at the pictures on the way back home from a trip

I left my boyfriend today and thought about my entry for today. I am sad and leaving my boyfriend suddenly made me feel lonely. What could I be happy about?
I sat on the plane and pulled out my camera to look at the pictures. It hit me as I was fighting back tears and taking in the beautiful scenes that were taken with my camera. My happy thing of the day is looking at the pictures from a trip for the first time. This cheered me up and actually put a smile on my face. Although it made me cry, it also made me thankful for the opportunity to see my beloved boyfriend and make these wonderful memories that I will never be able to erase from my mind.

*****************************************************************************

So, this is how I end my "vacation" entry. I will now transition myself into the real world and not allow myself to become sad because I miss my boyfriend. I will allow myself to miss him AND be happy.

Hope that this entry made you love my boyfriend as much as I do, and that it made you happy. I hope it inspired you to find happiness in the simplest things.

Much love and happiness,

Lourdes

(or Deloris to those friends of babu that couldn't get my name right)

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)