Thursday, September 2, 2010

365 Days of Happines August 19-September 2


School has started and my outlook on happiness should shift. At least, I hope school will add things to my list.




Thursday August 19

Herbal Essences Shampoo

Do you remember the commercials? The "oohhh...ahhhhh". When I was younger we used to do our own commercials and that commercial was always given to me. Now that I actually use Herbal Essences, I see why using it would make you say "ooooh...ahhhhh". The smell is amazing and the texture of my hair after using it makes me love the shampoo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday August 20

Mai Tais

All I can say about this drink is "Oh My Gosh". It taste amazing, and what I love the most is that one cannot even tell that there is alcohol in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday August 21

Undergarments (Underwear)

I can honestly say that I am addicted to underwear. The minute that I walk into a clothing store, I always hunt down the underwear and pick out the ones that I would buy. I know. It is weird, but it's true. Underwear just makes me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday August 22

School supplies

So, school starts tomorrow and I went school supply shopping. I absolutely enjoy going to the store and buying notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, and all of the other school supplies that are necessary. It might be the organization that is necessary to get everything together, or it might be the symbolism of a fresh start. I don't know. It just makes me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday August 23

First day of school

Nerve racking. Exciting. Both describe the feelings that were running through me today. Classes were great and my first day as a grad student was a success. This makes me extremely happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday August 24

Sleep-in days

Is it not wonderful when you are about to set your alarm clock and then it hits you:

You DON'T have to get up early!

That is an amazing feeling. It makes you feel carefree. Or how about in the morning, when you wake up and realize that you woke up naturally and not to the aggravating sound of the alarm. AMAZING! Pure bliss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday August 25

French fries

No matter where I go to eat, I always look for french fries on the menu. It is an addiction. But, it's not a bad thing. Cause taking a bite into a french fry after craving it for so long, perks me up and regenerates my good mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday August 26

Doodles

I have always been one to doodle on the side of my class notes. It is not that I am not paying attention. I just can't keep my hands still. Thus, cool creations and drawings appear on the side of my notes. These creations always make me smile when I look back on them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday August 27

Ashanti CD

I don't know if you all have heard of Ashanti, and I do not know if you have listened to this CD. BUT, I absolutely love this CD and suggest that you listen to it. All of the songs talk about love. Each song takes a different aspect of how love can make you feel; whether it is feeling sick, happy, so in love that it hurts, or just fed up. All of these things are portrayed in the songs, while still allowing you to sing along. that is my favorite part. ACTUALLY being able to sing along and use an actual singing voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday August 28

Popcorn nights with my boyfriend

i just realized how much I loved the popcorn nights with my boyfriend. We would have a night in and decide to watch a movie. i would pop the popcorn and we would cuddle and watch a movie. How comforting those nights were. I miss them, and every time I think of them they make me smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sunday August 29

My Fair Lady

AMAZING MOVIE!!! I have always loved Audrey Hepburn, and she is amazing in this movie. i don't want to say too much because I do not want to ruin the movie for you. So, go see it and hopefully it makes you laugh, cry, and smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday August 30

American Beauty

If you have not seen this movie, you must see it. It is thought provoking and a little creepy at moments. BUT it is such a great movie. I associate this movie with my really good friend Chris. It's not because of teh content of the movie. It is because he was the one who showed it to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday August 31

Singing in the Rain

Gene Kelly is one of my favorite actors and he is adorable in this movie. The songs and the dancing. It is a memorable movie that people of all ages can watch. I saw this movie for the first time when I was 5, and have been in love with it ever since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday September 1

Pink Roses
So beautiful. I love these roses so much. this may be due to a gift that my boyfriend got me for our first anniversary. He got me 24 roses from Ecuador. Beautiful and charming. And now that whenever I see them they make me smile.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday September 2

West Side Story

"MARIA, MARIA, MARIA... I once met a girl named Maria...". The love story, and the tragic ending. It's compelling and thought provoking. How could two cultures hate each other so much. It says alot about our society and should force you to think about how you should treat people.


So, I end with a hug and a kiss. hope you enjoyed!
:::::::Lourdes:::::::


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)