Thursday, August 26, 2010

William Wordsworth's "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" or "Daffodils": Analysis



"I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees, 5
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay: 10
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay, 15
In such a jocund company:
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood, 20
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
- William Wordsworth, 1804"



Is it not interesting the way we detach ourselves from the beauty and awe of the world? We all walk around missing the subtle beauty of leaves swaying with the wind. We live in our own little bubble; our own little dream world. We walk in our own "little cloud" and it takes so much for us to break out of this shell and start appreciating the things in this world.

Just look around people.

Beauty is all over the place.

As you walk around, at least TRY to notice the subtle forms of beauty that can be found in nature and throughout this world.

The random flowers.

The morning dew on the leaves.

The rays of sunshine as it hits a water droplet.

It's so beautiful. It sometimes makes me cry. It evokes emotions in me that I cannot even describe. Emotions swell up in me.

Happiness

Awe

LOOK UP!!!

Actually look at the clouds. Aren't they beautiful? The different shapes and the contrast between the white, fluffiness of the clouds to the blue hue of the sky. Or how about the stars? The bright, twinkling of the stars against the dark backdrop. It somehow gives me hope. It's as if that star is saying, "No matter how bad things are at the moment, There is always a small gleam of light". It is so amazing.

So, just look around. You will find something in nature, that will brighten your day and give you hope.



~~~~Lourdes~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)