Sunday, August 15, 2010

Now Approaching: Grad School

It's finally happening. My summer is slowly coming to an end. It's August and tomorrow I have my graduate school orientation. In two weeks school finally starts and I am NERVOUS!



I am anticipating the hard work that is guaranteed to come but have mixed feelings about the intensity of the studies. I have believed for the past few years that I can be successful in graduate school. If I didn't believe I would never have applied. The doubts are just now hitting me and I have to confront them.



* Am I smart enough?

Everyone I talk to brushes off this question. But I believe this is legitimate. I will be entering a playing field with intelligent people. People who are by far more knowledgeable in the subjects than I am. But, I keep telling myself that I am a hard worker and am willing to put the time and effort to my studies. So, it doesn't matter if I am not "smart enough". As long as I work hard I will be successful.



Honestly, that is the one worry that keeps haunting me. Tomorrow, hopefully the school orientation calms me and soothes my worry.



With love,



Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)