Monday, July 26, 2010

365 Days of Happiness July 19-25


My happiness has grown every day and I am noticing that this task (of finding at least one thing that makes me happy every day) is successful. So far, I have found that I am more optimistic and am finding out more about myself each day. Because of this I am more willing to continue this task and am going to relay to you this portion of the list. Some of the items on the list, are relatively new. That is, they have entered my life recently and have interested me and given me hours and hours of entertainment.

Monday July 19

Being Employee of the Month

I have just recently started a new job and was extremely nervous about it. I not only wanted to prove to myself that I can do a great job, but I wanted to do a great job for my boss and my fellow workers. I always put pressure upon myself when it comes to my job. For if I do a great job, it not only reflects upon myself, but on the company I work for. I represent the company. Thus, it was such an honor to be named Employee of the Month for the company I work for. This truly made me happy.


Tuesday July 20

The scent of Gain

I don't know what it is about the scent of Gain, but it is amazing. Every time I take my laundry out of the dryer, I always have to stop and smell the clean clothes. This always puts a smile on my face.




Wednesday July 21


"As Time Goes By"


Such a beautiful song. I remember watching "Casablanca" for the first time and when Sam played that song, it made me smile. It was so romantic, yet sad.



You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply,
As time goes by.

And when two lovers woo,
they still say, "I love you"
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by

Moonlight and love songs
Never out of date
Hearts full of passion
jealousy and hate
Women needs a man
And man must have his mate
That no one can deny

It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will welcome lovers
As time goes by

Beautiful. I just love. you will constantly find me humming the tune to this song. I suggest you go and listen to it if you have not heard it. Then, after you have listened to it, watch "Casablanca".




Thursday July 22

The Tudors


I absolutely love this show. I love the settings, the costumes, and especially the fact that it encompasses a time period in English history that I have always loved. Although, I am pretty sure the real King Henry VIII was not as handsome as Jonathan Rhys Meyers and that he did not have a body like Rhys Meyer. BUT, he did have an interesting life that included 6 wives. 2 of which were executed and 2 of which he divorced from. The show depicts the controversies of his life, and the events that took place within the time period of his first two marriages that shaped the future of England its relationship with the Catholic Church. The show does this and also grasps your interest and lures you into the show. When an episode is over, you crave more. This is why I love the show. AMAZING and I love it.

Friday July 23


Glee


If you have read my previous blog entries, you will know how much I love this show. I love that it is a musical and that they do a great job with the songs that the sing. I love the drama. Yes, I said it. This show has me hooked.







Saturday July 24

Merlin

So, I really like this show. I started watching it because I was quite unfamiliar with the legend of Merlin. So, I decided to watch the show and get a rough education. I really do enjoy the show and usually can't wait to get off of work or school to watch it.





Sunday July 25

Reading up on the history of Britain

I really do enjoy English history and find myself reading books pertaining to certain time periods. I think it may be because, there is so much there. So many happenings, AND that much of US history is linked to Britain. I don't know, I just love it.




So, that's the end for now. Hope you liked. This part of the list had a lot of shows. Go try them out.

Lourdes





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)