Sunday, June 27, 2010

365 Days of Happiness June 6-June 20



The past few months have been really hard for me. So much to deal with. It's when things are hard that I need this list the most.



Sunday June 6

Running in the Rain


This is the most amazing and freeing feeling in the world. ONLY if it is intentional. I admit that getting caught in a rain storm in the middle of a busy day will NOT make me happy. But, It feels so good to take off your shoes and run in the rain. Especially when you are with friends or with the people you love. It's as if, when the rain falls on you and slips off, your trouble slips off with the rain.





Monday June 7

Babies

Babysitting


These two go hand in hand. For the past couple of months, life has been so important to me. And, Babies are an example of new life. They have their whole life ahead of them, and still have so much of life to experience. I love seeing how babies and toddlers view and experience the world. They are so innocent, simple, and so sweet.


Babysitting gives me the chance to "hang out" with little ones. To allow myself to become a kid again. To play (my DS). To giggle and just lay back and watch Disney channel. I just love it and always leave babysitting with a smile.



Tuesday June 8

Making my friends laugh


I have never been one to crack jokes. Or should I say "funny" jokes. I seem to have a sense of humor that many people do not have. I, at least, think I am funny. Here is a common situation that people put me in:


friend: Lourdes tell a joke



Me: (I tell a joke)


Everyone in the crowd: (fake laugh) oh.....


So, I am not a comedian and people usually laugh AT me. Not at my joke. But, that's OK with me. It makes me happy to know that I make the people that I love laugh.



Wednesday June 9

Planting/ Growing tomatoes


I have been hanging out with my AWESOME neighbor alot lately and I noticed that she grows different vegetables throughout her apartment. Seeing this, I decided to grow something myself. Guess what I decided to grow: Tomatoes. I really am into it. I was so happy and excited to see the first signs of life of the little tomato plant.



Thursday June 10


"Lucky" by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz


I absolutely love this song. I love the voices of these singers and I love the words to the song. Every time I listen to it, it makes me daydream and smile.




Friday June 11

The Beatles


I could be down in the dumps. I could just be in a neutral mood. But I hear a Beatles song and it cheers me up. No matter what the song is about. Weird, huh?


Saturday June 12

Jason Mraz

His music is just relaxing to me. Relaxed=happiness.



Sunday June 13

John Mayer

Same as Jason Mraz, except John Mayer has been with me for the longest. His music and voice has been there through great times and hard times throughout my years in high school and college.


Monday June 14

Working Hard and seeing results

Isn't that the best feeling. When there is something in your life that is the direct result of your hard work. I don't know how to describe the feeling I get. It's just fulfilling and amazing.



Tuesday June 15

Researching the World Cup

Recently I made a BIG mistake. I referred to the World Cup as "that soccer thing".The mistake was saying that to my boyfriend. I felt so bad and decided that I would "research" and find out more about the World Cup. I know. It's lame. But I honestly did not know anything about it. Researching it gave me something to do and the research actually made me want to watch the games.



Wednesday June 16

The smell of soap and shampoo

This might be weird but I love the smell of soap and shampoo. It's the smell of "clean". I use Herbal Essences and the smell of my hair after shampooing is amazing. Throughout the day I find myself "sniffing" my hair seeking the fruity scent. I think, the smell of soap reminds me of my boyfriend. when he comes to bed at night after a shower. The smell of the soap was always comforting.


Thursday June 17

A clean house

Is this not refreshing for everyone? To come home to a house smelling fresh. No dust in the air. the smell of the pine floor cleaner. Is that not refreshing? I just love it.


Friday June 18

Taking and finishing the final exam of a class

You have worked hard throughout the whole semester. You cannot wait until you are through with the class. AND the final exam marks the end of a class (usually). you go into the exam nervous and unsure. But, no matter how you do on the final exam you leave it with a weight off of your shoulders. This is why I love taking the final exam of a class. It marks an ending. An ending to the worry and stress of a class.


Saturday June 19

Being a college graduate

I am done. There are so many people out there that do not have the opportunity to get to college, let alone finish college. I have had the opportunity and I successfully completed my college degrees. How happy and lucky I feel. SO happy and lucky.


Sunday June 20

Volunteering

I love the fact that I am doing something to help others. I don't expect anything in return. i just want to help others. AND that is what volunteering fulfills. It gives me a chance to help people.



Ok, That is it for my list. I will update soon.


With Love,


***********Lourdes**********

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)