Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beauty vs. The Beast





Do you remember watching the Disney version of "Beauty and The Beast"? I do. What thoughts were running through your head? What were you thinking? Did you want Belle to end up with the Beast? I had mixed emotions about that. I distinctly remember ONE thought that kept running through my 4 year old mind as I was watching the movie. When the beast turned into his human form, I always thought that he was not handsome enough to be with Belle.

I am so ashamed that a thought such as that came into my mind. But, these thoughts inspired me to look deeper into the influence that beauty and looks have on people. I mean, as a 4 year old child I came to the conclusion that Belle should not like the Beast because he was not attractive enough. Obviously, for most humans, importance is given to looks and beauty.

But, this is definitely not how it should be. Shouldn't personality matter more than beauty? YES! Then, why do people allow themselves to focus on beauty? How many times have I heard guys judge a girl by their looks? Or, a girl doubt the love of a guy because she is not attractive enough.


It bothers me the most when I see individuals let beauty bring down their self esteem. When are people going to realize that beauty is not the most important thing AND that even the things that seem strange or "UGLY" are actually BEAUTIFUL! If you have confidence in yourself, that is what people will see. SO, if you believe that you are beautiful. Then this is what people will see. Be confident in yourself and the things that people say will not bother you.


So, My view has changed a lot concerning the union of Beauty and the Beast. Beauty saw something in the Beast. It was not physical. She saw something sweet and beautiful in him. And that is what is important.
I don't want to keep saying this but I will. Please remember that you are beautiful no matter what anyone says. Remember to not let looks get you down. It's the personality that counts!
"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it"
-Ivan Panin
Szeretlek
~~~~~~~Lourdes Teresita~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)