Wednesday, May 19, 2010

365 days of happiness May 9- May 18


So, I am back to give the list of things that make me happy. This list will encompass things from Sunday, May 9 to Tuesday, May 18. Hope you enjoy and hope everyone is doing this. It really is food for the soul.

May 9

Cross stitching

This might sound dumb, but it relaxes me and gives me time to think. I love making things and seeing the end product and that is what I am doing when I cross stitch.

May 10

Going to a national park

I love the feeling of the fresh air and the sights that can be seen on a nature trail. It shows me that there is a-lot of beauty and good in the world. All you have to do is find it and seek it out.

May 11

Taking pictures of random things that I see

I love doing this. They create memories and laughs. I love to take pictures of my food when I go out to dinner. I hate it when I can remember where we ate on a certain day, but cannot remember what was ordered. The simplest things make a memory. They are part of the memory and the experience. Pictures help to capture that.

May 12

Writing a letter to a friend

Writing letters to a friend help me to look inside myself. When I write, I try to tell about my day and thoughts and feelings. Thus, when I write, I am finding out more about myself. =Happy

May 13

Having coffee with a friend

When I have coffee with a friend, we always end up talking about something deep and meaningful. This gives a time for me to let out what I am thinking and feeling so that I don't have my thoughts swimming around in my head and driving me crazy.
It also gives me time to get to know others. And I love getting to know other people.

May 14

Bowling

Birthday surprises

Birthday cakes

You could probably guess that this was my birthday. I love anything that has to do with birthdays. The calls, the cakes, the presents. (presents not so much). But all of these things make me feel special. As if someone out there actually cared for me. I went bowling on my birthday and realized the following: No matter how bad I am at bowling, I feel successful when I touch at least one pin. That makes me happy.

May 15

Doing laundry with a friend

I love doing laundry. It's almost as if my troubles are being washed away from my life with the dirt stains from my clothes. Doing laundry with a friend is 10x better. I get a new slate and I get to talk to someone I love.

May 16

Modeling clay

Sushi dinner with friends

These are both things that have to do with the things I did today. My friend Kayla surprised me with a birthday gift and one of the gifts was modeling clay. I love modeling clay because it allows me to create things and be creative. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment.
Sushi dinners are always fun. Sushi is delicious and eating with friends makes it better. The conversations, the laughs. They make my day a little brighter and bring happiness into it.

May 17

Finishing a math proof

Puzzles

Getting to know someone better

Each of these things are fulfilling in their own way. Yet, to me, a math proof and puzzles are linked. They both require taking small facts or pieces and putting them together to create a final product. It's creativity and thought that bring these things to a finish. It's amazing.
Getting to know someone better is great. How boring would life be if you only knew yourself and you only cared about yourself? Would your life have meaning? When you get to know someone better, you start to let yourself love them. You allow yourself to let someone in and be a companion. And it's these people that you share your experiences with.

May 18

The burning feeling you get when you work out

OK, I know it hurts. But it gives a feeling of accomplishment.


SO, there's my list for the past couple days. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to start your own.


auf weidersehen


~~~~Laura~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)