Sunday, April 18, 2010

Love Story



"Romeo take me somewhere, we can be alone
I’ll be waiting, all there’s left to do is run
You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess,
It’s a love story, baby, just say yes"

Love. It's a funny thing. As I was driving home with my boyfriend from a night of fun, "Love Story" by Taylor Swift came on. I had heard the song (many many many times) before, yet this time was different. My boyfriend started singing along. His excuse: I play the song too much. But, his singing along made me smile, laugh, and then think. This whole song is about some kind of fairy tail. Do these exist? Or are they just something we read about in a book?

But,the following lines from the song are astonishing:
"Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting, for you but you never come..."
The lyrics portray a necessity to be saved by some "Romeo". In this world we cannot let ourselves (especially women) get carried away with an idea like this. We must be able to be independent and be able to take care of ourselves. yes, there are times where we, as humans, need assistance from others, BUT we cannot spend our whole lives waiting for people to do things for us or to save us from our problems. Being able to jump over hurdles and overcome our problems makes us stronger. It gives us a sense of accomplishment and allows us to take pride in ourselves. If you are ever feeling weak, remember this quote by Nancy Reagan:
"A women is like a tea bag, you can not tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water".


So yes, I do beleive that love stories do happen. Just not in the way that is portrayed in the song. There can still be the "lights, the party, the ballgowns", but there will be no saving of a person. A true love story happens when two people who are strong and independent love each other and decide to come together.

Just remember. Be Strong. Be who you are and don't let anyone make you feel like you are less than amazing.

Until next time

Je t'aime
-Lourdes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)